Friday, April 23, 2010

Round 2 - Day 3

Doing about as well as day 2. Unfortunately, I have had the same fungal coating develop on my tongue that happened after round 1 and it affects the taste of everything. Not something I need right now. The nausea affects my appetite enough as it is. But I would still say I am ahead of where I was after round 1 and that is a good thing.

I plan on going for a walk around the block a couple of times today...got to get the legs going a bit. Also plan on shaving the head again. The hair has really started falling out. I originally shaved it in preparation for this moment, but it is a little more disconcerting than I thought it would be to actually have it happen. I know the docs told me this would happen and that it would grow back, but it is just another step that has made this whole thing even more real. Hopefully, I can keep my weak goatee and eyebrows - will make losing what I have up top easier.

One of the other big differences this go around is the lack of the chemo-head syndrome. I am not sitting around in a fog this time. My thought processes are much clearer this time. And one thought that keeps going through my head is "I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS CANCER!!!"

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how it's the little things that can drive home the point.

    And don't forget your blue fingernails when going into battle! You know, to realign all that energy and crap. Use this to help visualize it.

    http://tinyurl.com/2e73dwp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that an,"I AM going to beat" as in determination or as in, " this is really going to happen"?

    ReplyDelete