Friday, April 9, 2010

The power of partnership

When Josh was down for the count for the 4-5 days (OK, maybe 6) after the first chemo treatment, I was reminded again how powerful the partnership of marriage is. A few examples...

1. Knowledge. When Josh's folks were in town last weekend, they asked me several things that my answer was, "Josh always handles that - I don't know." Where is the camera cable to download photos to the computer? Josh knows. How do you get to just the news on the TV with the universal remote? Josh knows. He handles all the technology-related and financial-related tasks essentially by himself.

2. Work divided. Josh handles pretty much all things car and lawn/garden related. But last week, I washed and vacuumed both the minivan and the civic SI. I mowed the lawn and attempted to weed-eat the yard, but couldn't keep the machine going. I had to get tips from Josh to try to even get the weed-eater started, but it died part way through. Thanks to work from Josh's dad and his weed-eater from Houston, the yard looks much better. With Josh's return to himself in the last couple of days, the kitchen and counters are back to their clean state. And he even cooked a delicious dinner tonight.

I'm certainly trying hard not to take for granted all the things my significant other does for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment