Friday, April 2, 2010

Chemotherapy - Day 3

Since Josh's pain is still hovering around a 1, he's not driven to take his pain medication right at 7:00 like he has been for weeks now. That's good.

No, that's bad (at least sort of). He needs to keep on the every-12-hour cycle for the extended release to continue to work. But the nausea makes him want to do pretty much anything other than swallow some pills. He chokes down some banana despite saying that anything that doesn't go right down the throat increases his gag reflex and makes it very hard to swallow. Liquid diet it is. But even that's not working very well. Josh manages to choke down some, but not what he needs.

Although he spends the majority of the day on the couch again, alternating between lying down and sitting up for brief periods of time, he does take a walk around the block, sits outside for a while to get a good dose of Vitamin D, and occasionally walks around inside to stretch his legs.

We're hoping Day 4 is a better day.

2 comments:

  1. praying that today is the magic day that he feels better. God Bless you guys this Easter. Enjoy your family time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh man it has been way too long. I was catching up on my old Facebook posts and came across this blog. Man, I had no idea you were going through this! Many good thought and prayers go out to you and Anna and the kids. If there is anything I can do to help you through this time I would be happy to help. I just finished a big kitchen cabinet remodel myself so I am ready to lend a hand anyway I can. Good luck and God's speed. Hopefully you don't end up with Dr. Rosenrosen as your doctor!

    ReplyDelete