Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hangin' at MD Anderson

I waited patiently until Josh published a blog post before doing another...it is HIS blog, after all. :)

We're hanging out at MD Anderson again today. Josh asked if anyone would volunteer to take the chemo instead of him and I said that I gladly would. But, alas, I'm on the other side watching and trying to help as I can. Chemo started late today - 1:00pm instead of 11:30am as scheduled. With our plan to drive home immediately after the treatment, that makes it a very late night. I sure wish MD Anderson had more couches than chairs. But I need to work rather than nap right now, so I've gone to my favorite place here (10th floor down from Elevator A at a desk by a gurgling fish tank) to focus on finalizing the push of a new release and planning the next.

Josh, meanwhile, is watching a movie with his brother Isaac and his wife Katie:


And making occasional jaunts down the hallway to break up the monotony of lying in bed for 7 hours straight, with his machine right with him (Katie has dubbed it "Wallace" as in William Wallace from the movie Braveheart. Josh's mom sent him off via phone this morning with "go into battle strong" so it's very apt nickname).


Back to hangin'...

2 comments:

  1. you guys have been in my prayers all day today. Drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that is alot of bags hanging on that stand. I do pray that it will help you get better.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete