Thursday, April 22, 2010

Round 2 - Day 2

Well, I think we learned a lot from round one of the chemo. Here I am the day after round 2, upright, alert and typing at the desk after having just eaten some breakfast. That was not even close to possible after round one. I have so many variables going on with all the pills and such that sometimes it is hard to pinpoint what causes the beneficial outcomes. If I were to hazard a guess, though, it would be a new drug I am trying called ABH that supposedly only MD Anderson manufactures. Some credit also probably goes to something as simple as over-the-counter Pepcid to control the severe heartburn that I got after round one. As it was, that heartburn really affected my eating habits, which in turn just helped to facilitate the downward spiral.

I have made it a habit now of repeating to myself at least 20 times a day that "I am going to beat this cancer." I have read too many stories about how somebody's attitude has made a drastic difference in their battle with his/her noma. And I have to admit that throughout my life I would not characterize myself as an optomist. But when it comes to this, I have to force myself. I have a picture hanging above my monitor for me to see every day of my kids when they were younger giving me a big hug. Ethan on my right and Kate on my left with big smiles on their faces and arms wrapped around my neck.



I look at this picture and I say to myself  "I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS CANCER!!!" 

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

  1. And MD Anderson once again shows why it's the #1 cancer center in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a chance to look at the dvd I gave you?

    You and your family are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete