Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jumping the gun

Okay, maybe I got a little ahead of myself on the recovery timeline. Actual recovery time for the second round will probably be very similar to the first round. Yesterday still had some chemo-head and ringing in the ears. Today, still having some stomach issues. However, given that I have been told that chemo treatments tend to have a cumulative effect, the fact that I will recover in the same amount of time as the first round should be considered a positive.

Also, found something that really got me going in a positive way today. With the B E A-utiful* weather we have been having, I caught a bit of the landscaping bug again. I originally landscaped our yard a few years ago, but really haven't done anything with it since (other than routine maintenance like my dad and brother helped us do a couple months back). With a wave of green enthusiasm, I went to my favorite nursery and spent some money on some plants. Felt like a kid in a candy store. On the way home I even picked me up a really nice outdoor breathing fabric, 30 UV sun block, old-geezer, long sleeve gardening shirt so that I can spend some of the day outside tomorrow plopping the plants in the ground. Will have my flpppy brimmed hat on also so my bald head doesn't get burned. Should be some good fun!

* Oft stated word by Jim Carrey's character in the movie Yes Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment