Thursday, March 11, 2010

Caretaking

I am not a good caretaker. Just ask my husband and my kids. When anyone is sick, I tell them to get up and get their own food or anything else they need. "Just buck up, stop feeling sorry for yourself." I don't have sympathy or empathy. And when I'm sick, I don't expect or want to be pampered.

But I find that in this situation, I've never felt more driven to care-take ever before in my life (except maybe when my kids were itty-bitty babies and that lasted pretty much only until they were able to move around on their own).

I'm doing anything I can to help support Josh in his fight against his noma. Want some pie? No problem, I'll get it for you. Need help up at the shop? Bring it on. Need a nap? I'm cooking dinner. Want to watch another comedy so you can laugh? I'm in. Need a massage? Every night.

Every waking moment is put into extreme focus. Caretaking FTW (for the win).

1 comment:

  1. funny how God uses the strangest situations to teach us something important isn't it? I totally hear where you are coming from Anna. I'm here for you & your whole family while you help Josh win this thing!

    ReplyDelete