Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Battle

[Katelyn, aka Wordpainter13 (Josh's 11-year-old daughter)]

For me, the word "cancer" has always been irrelevant, something that could never, in a million years, happen to anyone in my close-knit family. So, when I was told that my dad had cancer, I was basically in shock. It seemed like a nightmare, something fake and impossible because, looking at him from the outside, you couldn't tell, he looked just like he had yesterday and the day before that. When I was first informed, I remember crying onto his shoulder and lying there in a family hug for a long time. He told me that I would see him fight like he had never fought before and, right then, I knew we could get through this. I still worry, however, every night I pray for him to win this battle. And I know in my heart that he can. We will fight together. We will help each other. We will have victory.

3 comments:

  1. We're all fightin' for him.


    poke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn, I loved reading your post, though you made me have to get a tissue. Your dad's blessed to have you. -- Ms. Cheryl (Dunn)

    ReplyDelete