Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You've got to love morphine

Thanks to the proper dosage of pain meds I have been able to find, as Anna calls it, my happy place. Unfortunately, I had to bump it up to some of the big boys. But between the morphine and the Celebrex, I am now for the most part pain-free. And that allows me to be happy.

I finished my sixth session of radiation today and the doc seems to think that the relief should start coming anywhere from the seventh to the tenth round. I just hope it comes. I haven't had any side effects as of yet and that is good. I will start trying to wean myself off the pain meds to test the waters sometime between the 8th and 10th session.

Not much else to report. I don't have another appointment down at MD Anderson until November 10th and that allows for an uninterrupted string of weeks at home. Feels kind of weird. Not complaining though. Hopefully the tumors are behaving themselves and that will lead to many more weeks at home.

1 comment:

  1. pharmaceuticals can have an amazing impact on our quality of life. Here's to whomever first started eating poppy seeds and figured out the euphoria that follows.

    ReplyDelete