Friday, September 10, 2010

Update

I finished my last battery of tests from MD Anderson and here are the results.

  • Tonsils. Tested negative in both for cancer. YEA! (but kind of already suspected it so not surprised)
  • Head MRI. Turns out I have a brain and, better yet, it seems to be okay. No evidence of disease. YEA!
  • Chest CT scan. Primary tumor is stable. One mass grew a tiny bit and the other shrank a tiny bit. YEA!
  • Back MRI. They did find a slightly larger metastatic mass there on the L5 vertebrae. This is what is causing my back pain. BOO!
Plan of action is to attack it with some radiation. Doc wants to do 10 days of radiation in a row but each session only lasts about 15 minutes. I now have to decide if I want to live in Houston for 2 weeks or if I should just get it done up here. Easier to get it done up here but probably trust MD Anderson a little more to do it right. Decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

  1. If you were looking at doing this during March Madness, two weeks in Houston would be a no-brainer - despite your 'Head MRI'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear about your report of all the scans. I have been praying for good results.

    ReplyDelete