Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thanks to the family up north

Want to say a quick thanks to the whole Van Sligtenhorst clan that reside up north. Our family had a great vacation up there and a wonderful family reunion. In fact, my kids are already trying to make plans to come up again next year. It was great to reacquaint with some and put faces to others that I had only met on Facebook. I also especially want to thank you all for your prayers and support during these trying times. It has been difficult at times and it is very comforting to think about all the people I have in my corner. With time and distance it is easy to become disconnected. This may sound weird but I know that even though we are family, you treated us like family. Not some blood relations that you haven’t seen for 20 years and live way far away. You welcomed me and my family back with open arms and love. Thank you.

All are welcome to come to Texas whenever you like. I would recommend you avoid the summer months. If you thought it was warm during the reunion, you would melt in Texas in August. Oh, and for those I talked about the rest of our vacation in Niagara Falls, you were right. The Canadian side of the falls is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment