Monday, November 8, 2010

Test Week

This is the week my wife and I head back down to MD Anderson for the next set of two-month scans. My last day of chemo was July 15th, so this will be the second round of scans post chemo to check to see if the tumors are stable or progressing. I have CT scans and MRIs and X-rays set up for Wednesday and then meet with the doc on Thursday to go over the results. My gut instinct tells me they are stable. Don't ask me why I think that...I just have a feeling. The rest of my body: that's another story.

I have been plagued by bouts of pain mainly in my hips and knees. Some days it is so bad that I have trouble standing and walking. Not really sure what the origin of this pain is, but maybe we can get some answers this week. The neuropathy in my feet has progressed also. This has greatly affected my ability to work since I now need to get off my feet for a significant time period at least every hour or two. Standing on concrete and neuropathy of the feet don't mix well. I have set up an appointment with a Baylor pain management clinic for next week in hopes of developing a plan to deal with all this pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment