Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spiderman: Round 2

Well, it looks like I get another chance to become a superhero. Tomorrow I will be down at MD Anderson again to receive an injection of radioactive isotopes if all goes according to plan. Since the beam radiation turned out to be a "no-go" for my pelvic region, the doc and his buddies decided that this was the next course of action.

My understanding of how these things work is that I am receive an IV infusion of these radioactive isotopes that will then course through my body seeking out the metastisized bone tumors. Upon finding them they park themselves by the tumors and thereby subject them to doses of radiation. How effective is it? Is it going to help me out and kill or wound some of these tumors growing in my hips? Will it give me superhuman powers? I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment