Monday, June 28, 2010

Free Blogging

This is my fifth round of chemo out of six, and you would think by now I would be used to the side effects. They came and went the last four times. Surely, it is within my current state to understand that this is just temporary and the clouds will clear. But alas, I still find myself wondering yet again just when will these ailments pass. Don't know why I can't view this recovery time any differently. I can count the days until they should clear, but it seems to offer little relief. I guess the drugs are just too powerful. Maybe I should paint something so I can watch the paint dry.

I just went back and read an older post describing the symptoms after treatment and I apologize if I sound redundant. Maybe the chemo erases a little bit of my memory every time and I forget that I have already described this scenario.

I just pulled some handwritten cards from my family that they gave me for Father's Day and re-read them. They made me tear up again just as they did the first time I read them. I am so blessed! I love my wife and kids so much! Their words help to give me courage to pick up the fight once again, especially now when my resolve seems so thin.

My daughter is enjoying being an only child for a bit. My son is spending his annual summer week+ down in Houston with the grandparents. Wish I felt a little better so that I could do more things with her right now. We have some plans to go look at home builder's model homes as soon as I am able to drive again. We used to do that more frequently when there was so much new development around us. She loves to do that with me. I am going to try and take her to the pool later this afternoon. Need to get some sun on these old bones anyway.

Have work to do and a couple of house projects I would love to get my hands on, but just don't have it in me yet. Probably shouldn't be messing around with electricity in my current state anyway. Couple of more days...

2 comments:

  1. yea, you need to stay away from that Edison juice. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're up to your knees in alligators, it's hard to remember that you got into the swamp to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete