Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sharing

I don't mind sharing - drinks, food, space, thoughts, whatever. I have always seen myself as very generous - with my time, with my money, with my material possessions (presuming that I have something worthy to use/borrow/take). As a kid I was completely willing to share anything with my sister and hoped that my willingness to share would translate into her being willing to share her prized (or not so prized) possessions with me. But, alas, she was never interested in any of my things and the answer was always "no" to whether I could use her Barbie or wear one of her shirts. That didn't necessarily stop me from using the item anyway. Sorry, Eve. :-)

The last several months have proven to have more "share requirements" than I'm used to. I've had to share my husband...a lot.

In the last 15 days, I've talked, really talked, with my husband maybe two times. It's been somewhat unusual given that his older brother (who we haven't seen for 3 years) and 2 of his brother's 3 kids (both of whom had NEVER been to Texas before) were in the area last week. And we spent a long weekend down at the beach in Galveston. And my parents have been here for a visit, including the weekend in Galveston.

I will (very willingly) continue to share Josh as much as possible. He's got lots of fans who want his time and attention, all which help him stay positive and happy. So any time you want to take him to lunch, come visit, or stay with us for a while, do it.

1 comment:

  1. we all know that you are number one in Josh's book Anna! When can the four of us get together again? We enjoy your company (& Josh's too)

    ReplyDelete